almost asleep while meditating

ในห้อง 'Buddhist Meditation' ตั้งกระทู้โดย Pam1995, 13 มกราคม 2009.

1. Pam1995

Pam1995 สมาชิก

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    13 มกราคม 2009
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +6
    I am using the guided meditation files.

I try to focus on the present moment, being aware of the sounds around me, of myself siting in the room, I try not to think about past and future.

It works for a while, but after 15 minutes it's like I fall asleep, imperceptibly the sounds turn into images, even the present moment takes some shape, and soon I am dreaming standing up.
    If I try to focus on my breath things get worse and I fall into a fairytale. I snap out of it, but it comes back after a while.

And I think it gets worse everyday.

suggestions please

2. Xorce

Xorce เป็นที่รู้จักกันดี

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    2 ตุลาคม 2007
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +4,400
    There are two main ways to do a good meditation.

The first is to feel the touch of your breath, the touch of the wind, which flows in and out of the body.
    Keep feeling the touch of the wind and you will be calm in no time.

The other method is called an image training.
    In this method, we imagine a picture of a red ball. Then we turn it into a white ball. After that we turn it into a glass ball.
    Then we turn it into a diamond, crystal-liked ball which radiates an immense amount of light.
    And we keep imagining the crystal ball for as long as you want.
    I will keep it up the whole day.

If you need an advice, feel free to contract me through the following email.

saturndg@hotmail.com
    I always appreciate to help

3. ดอนฮวนแห่งตะวันออกฯ

ดอนฮวนแห่งตะวันออกฯ สมาชิก

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    23 พฤษภาคม 2008
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +13
    How about trying to focus on other "places" ? Such as "breath conciously" focus on your breath when you inhale and know where it passes and where it went to, the same thing goes when you exhale. This is one of many examples.

When illusions occurs, just let it go. Don't follow it, don't get curious to see the outcome, don't pay any attention to that and don't get "attached" to it ,it's just illusions after all. JUST CONCENTRATE ON whatever you are concentrating on.By doing this those illusions can never bother you anymore Soon enough the illusions will fate away.

Remember practice makes perfect. All the best.

4. Pam1995

Pam1995 สมาชิก

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    13 มกราคม 2009
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +6
    your advice it's giving some results. though, I have another question. My mind seems to stubbornly give a form to almost everything. when I am concentrating on my breath, after a few breaths my mind gives it some kind of a visual form.

when I try to be aware of the present moment, my mind is giving it a face

If a sound occurs in the room, my mind gives it a visual shape. I believe this means that I am not aware enough of the object of concentration.

how can I overcome this?

I hope you understood what my problem is.

Thanks for all answers

I would try

Pam,

แก้ไขครั้งล่าสุด: 15 มกราคม 2009
  5. Xorce

Xorce เป็นที่รู้จักกันดี

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    2 ตุลาคม 2007
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +4,400
    There are two parts to solve the problems.

The first part is you must not be stressful when you are doing meditation.
    If you feel relax and comfortable then the picture won't come up. When you are sleeping on your soft comfortable bed, there is no picture coming up.
    It is because you are relaxed and the key to good meditation is relaxation.

The other part is that before you try to feel the touch of your breath.
    Do the following:
    1.Inhale deeply until your lungs are full of breath.
    2.Hold your breath for 10 seconds.
    3.While you are holding your breath, count 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10.
    4.Exhale and repeat for about 10 times.
    Then try to feel your breath again.
    Now, you can feel your breath easier and you will breath longer and slower.
    Keep feeling your breath and you will be calm, happy and relaxed.

6. ดอนฮวนแห่งตะวันออกฯ

ดอนฮวนแห่งตะวันออกฯ สมาชิก

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    23 พฤษภาคม 2008
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +13
    When the illusions occur just ignore them. It's just a kind of side effect of a going to be peaceful mind. In fact you are sitting in your room not moving even an inch, isn't it? When they come just let them go.Concentrate on whatever you are doing, don't get distracted by them, feel your breath, know their present with your conciousness and let it go,don't eager to see the next "scene" .By doing this they cannot bother you anymore. easy isn't it?
    The natrual characteristic of "mind" cannot be got rid of immediately so meditate constantly, frequently is essential.

7. v.mut

v.mut เป็นที่รู้จักกันดี

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    23 เมษายน 2006
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +274
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Pam,<o:p></o:p>
    The problem is " slip away your mind "<o:p></o:p>
    which means you are thoughtful till it become your own normal/ habit. (get use to it ).<o:p></o:p>
    During day time or daily life, <st1:personName w:st="on">tr</st1:personName>ying notice yourself, you will be probably surprised that most of the time you are engaged or always busy with your own "thought". That 's why you claim down during meditation, all the illusions come, just become of thought. <o:p></o:p>
    Actually the problem which you are facing, is quite common for people. For new practice people tend to fail into 2 categories. Either fail to sleep or illusion/thought processing.<o:p></o:p>
    All the above suggestions are quite good which you may <st1:personName w:st="on">tr</st1:personName>y to adapt to suit to your meditation ; such as counting number methods, ignore all illusion when it occur to you.<o:p></o:p>
    However to get away this problem, you will have to increase the s<st1:personName w:st="on">tr</st1:personName>ength of your mindfulness or your fully awareness. Why I say so. You just recall to your illusion state during your meditation. Your inner felling/ perception, I would said it will be very soft and thin until you were loosen your con<st1:personName w:st="on">tr</st1:personName>ol or loosen your self awareness or mindfulness because the s<st1:personName w:st="on">tr</st1:personName>ength of your mindfulness is irrelevant then you have been put into it. getting involved into it. Some even worse become one of the actors in the illusion. All this process was happened due to the weakness of mindfulness stage.<o:p></o:p>
    Another key issue which I would like to highlight to you. You were saying that you have been <st1:personName w:st="on">tr</st1:personName>ied to be aware of sound surround you. Yes, I do understand but you are not silent. You were listening without quietness. You still get involve with it. Many people do not understand the stage of silence/reticence which is relevant to the stage of mindfulness, self consciousness. Most of the time, people tend to talk to ourselves. Never quiet.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    May I suggest you some methods which might be useful :<o:p></o:p>
    1)Try to concen<st1:personName w:st="on">tr</st1:personName>ate your breath during the daily life. I mean during working or doing thing, you just being aware of your breath in and out as normal ( not <st1:personName w:st="on">tr</st1:personName>y it too hard just do as natural ). Which will help to increase your focus state during meditation.<o:p></o:p>

2)Practice silence. You may go or find some place such as in the garden. Sitting down normally and look around with silence or quiet.<o:p></o:p>
    ( which means no inner talking to yourselves. Not even single sound come up from the brain). Trying to listening to the nature. You will<o:p></o:p>
    Enjoy the real stage of silence. You may <st1:personName w:st="on">tr</st1:personName>y by looking at the flower which you may like with silent, no inner comment/ sound . Look at it as it is, without knowing what it is, how it is. <o:p></o:p>
    3)Combining the ( 1) and ( 2) methods by doing it together <o:p></o:p>
    (without closing your eye) <o:p></o:p>
    For meditation process, I am not going to touch it since there are many good suggestions for you to choose.<o:p></o:p>
    Good luck

8. chattrg

chattrg เป็นที่รู้จักกันดี

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    18 สิงหาคม 2007
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +13,231
    BY MY EXPERIENCE
    IF I AM ASLEEP
    I WALK BY THE WAY "DERN JONG KROM"
    FOCUS TO ALL ACTION

LIFT YOUR LEG
    WALK
    TOUCH THE GROUND

HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WAY TO MEDITATION

9. dearestguardian

dearestguardian เป็นที่รู้จักกันดี

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    16 เมษายน 2005
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +1,418
    Hi,

Do you understand the purpose of meditation?
    Before you meditate you need to undertand the underline Concept of medation first

"acceptance" is a key here.

You must accept that you mind can't be still all the time.
    You mind always touch emotion,thoughts,feelings and imagination all the time.
    That the nature of mind

If you accept this you will know that you can not force you mind to be silence and to be still all the time. It's normal for the mind to touch the condition of thoughts, emotion, feelings, sensation etc.

All you need to do is accept as it is and see everything come and go without judging or interfering those conditions.

Just see those condition come and go away .Thus accept everything as it is.

So all you need to do is when you feel peaceful just aware!When the thoughs come just aware! you can pull the mind back to bhavana word or just aware those conditions and see it come and go away. That's all you need to do al this stage.

Do you know "Anijjang Dukkhung Anatta'?

it means every nature** is a condition that come and go (Non-self).

--------------------------------------

**Nature is 4 elements(Earth , fire, water and air) and 5 Khandhas

4 elements are Earth , fire, water and air.

5 Khandhas are rupa,Vedana or feelings, Sanya[memmory recognisation],Sanghara[thoughts], Viyana[ the sensations or touch]

10. vibe

vibe เป็นที่รู้จักกันดี

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    4 มีนาคม 2005
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +3,146
    may be you should try meditating with your eyes open? Set your favorite picture of Buddha in front of you, while paying attention to your breathing like you normally do with your eyes close. Keep your eyes on the picture as if you're just looking at it.

11. vorapoap

vorapoap เป็นที่รู้จักกันดี

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    2 มกราคม 2010
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +250
    I have been suggested to breath deeply until my sleepiness disappear.
    At first it was very difficult to do, I fell to sleep sometime, but when my mind was awaken again, I breathed deeply again... I repeat that again and again until my sleepiness disappeared.

And yes.. it works!

12. noi

noi เป็นที่รู้จักกันดี

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    9 พฤศจิกายน 2005
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +47,442
    I think the first is ok for me;

to feel the touch of your breath, the touch of the wind, which flows in and out of the body.

Keep feeling the touch of the wind and you will be calm in no time.

and may be continuously when working and sleeping.
    CongratulationsZ{SAY AMEN}

13. ขันธ์

ขันธ์ เป็นที่รู้จักกันดี

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    3 ตุลาคม 2006
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +9,200
    focus on breath may cause be sleepy because your conciousness still is not strong.

focus on the word Buddho
    speak Buddho in your mind quickly enough to cut other feeling, or thought from your mind. until your mind go along with Buddho

this guide might help you awake.

14. BBB

BBB Active Member

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    12 ตุลาคม 2004
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +73
    ***cheer cheer cheer***

15. jerajajen

jerajajen เป็นที่รู้จักกันดี

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    12 เมษายน 2008
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +267
    ...... Hello , I am Jay. I am buddhist, Thailand.
    I have been practiced meditation for years I have experienced more power of minds called Piti. During focusing on breathing in and out the mind is going to manifest in various forms such as spontaneous fast and strong breathing in and out, bursting of tear , strong heart pumping, body movement automatically.
    ......Do not care of such symptoms. let it be till it stop you gonna face the relaxation of mind. Do not focus too much because you gonna be stress and tense.

If you feel sleepy you should sleep

แชร์หน้านี้