Loving-kindness Meditation

ในห้อง 'Buddhist Meditation' ตั้งกระทู้โดย Buddham, 2 มกราคม 2007.

1. Buddham

Buddham Active Member

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    17 ธันวาคม 2006
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +60
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An Overview of Loving-kindness Meditation[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Loving-kindness meditation can be brought in to support the practice of 'bare attention' to help keep the mind open and sweet. It provides the essential balance to support your insight meditation practice. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is a fact of life that many people are troubled by difficult emotional states in the pressured societies we live in, but do little in terms of developing skills to deal with them. Yet even when the mind goes sour it is within most people's capacity to arouse positive feelings to sweeten it. Loving-kindness is a meditation practice taught by the Buddha to develop the mental habit of selfless or altruistic love. In the Dhammapada can be found the saying: "Hatred cannot coexist with loving-kindness, and dissipates if supplanted with thoughts based on loving-kindness." [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Loving-kindness is a meditation practice, which brings about positive attitudinal changes as it systematically develops the quality of 'loving-acceptance'. It acts, as it were, as a form of self-psychotherapy, a way of healing the troubled mind to free it from its pain and confusion. Of all Buddhist meditations, loving-kindness has the immediate benefit of sweetening and changing old habituated negative patterns of mind. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To put it into its context, Loving-kindness is the first of a series of meditations that produce four qualities of love: Friendliness (metta), Compassion (karuna), Appreciative Joy (mudita) and Equanimity (upekkha). The quality of 'friendliness' is expressed as warmth that reaches out and embraces others. When loving-kindness practice matures it naturally overflows into compassion, as one empathises with other people's difficulties; on the other hand one needs to be wary of pity, as its near enemy, as it merely mimics the quality of concern without empathy. The positive expression of empathy is an appreciation of other people's good qualities or good fortune, or appreciative joy, rather than feelings of jealousy towards them. This series of meditations comes to maturity as 'on-looking equanimity'. This 'engaged equanimity' must be cultivated within the context of this series of meditations, or there is a risk of it manifesting as its near enemy, indifference or aloofness. So, ultimately you remain kindly disposed and caring toward everybody with an equal spread of loving feelings and acceptance in all situations and relationships.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How to do it . . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The practice always begins with developing a loving acceptance of yourself. If resistance is experienced then it indicates that feelings of unworthiness are present. No matter, this means there is work to be done, as the practice itself is designed to overcome any feelings of self-doubt or negativity. Then you are ready to systematically develop loving-kindness towards others.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Four Types of Persons to develop loving-kindness towards: [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

2. พรายแสง

พรายแสง เป็นที่รู้จักกันดี

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    20 กันยายน 2004
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +371
    I had a nice experience with meditation. Although I am not yet to fully understand what it’s meaning for me. I decided to do because I would like to clear mind and relieve stress. and you???

3. TK the Naka

TK the Naka เป็นที่รู้จักกันดี

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    23 สิงหาคม 2007
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +1,190
    I started do the meditation since I was 3 years old.
    It is usualy make me happy when I do it.
    And I believe the Meditaion can bring a good wisdom for evevryone.

4. vibe

vibe เป็นที่รู้จักกันดี

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    4 มีนาคม 2005
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +3,146
    As for me, I started when I was a teenager. I didn't fully understand the point of meditation at the beginning, and that was the reason why I was not fully committed to it.

Currently I do understand why people should meditate and I am fully committed to it. I do encourage people who interested in mediating to get a good understanding of it prior to starting. I wish I’d done what I’m suggesting because I was basically wasting lots of time not knowing the true reason why you should meditate.

I was practicing meditation for all the wrong reasons. No, you don’t do it to become a “super human”; to have all this special abilities. No, you don’t do it to be in trend, like a lot of Hollywood movie stars. You do it to locate your “inter-self”. Today, people are focusing on every where else and overlooked the most important place, the “inter-self”.

5. dojinko

dojinko สมาชิก

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก:
    17 สิงหาคม 2009
    โพสต์:
    ค่าพลัง:
    +11
    Thanks ใใใใ

แชร์หน้านี้